Putting the planet first
When we started, we wanted to make a change in the way people approach what they wear. We wanted to make a more sustainable option, well designed clothes, that looked good and did good.
We aim to make a product that lasts longer, negating the need for it to be replaced and minimising it’s effect on the planet, because we've only got one.
Since the start
When we first started making t-shirts organically, using water based inks, the typical response we got was “I don’t care about that mate’ but we knew it was important, so we stuck with it, despite the extra costs involved.
By making as much as we can organically, we avoid pesticides damaging soil and local environments.
A non organic t-shirt requires 2000 litres of water to make it, more than the average person drinks in a year.
An organic t-shirt uses 91% less water. Meaning that water can be retained for more important use, like being drunk.
We use factories to manufacture our products that use sustainable energy such as wind and solar power.
Salvaged From the sea
In 2018 we realised we could push the boundaries with sustainable sourcing further, so we sourced a yarn made from 100% recycled materials to make clothing with.
40% of is made from recycled PET plastic that otherwise would end up polluting our beautiful oceans and the other 60% is from organic cotton off cuts from our clothing, that would otherwise end up in landfills.
So far we’ve made tote bags, a limited supply of t-shirts and sweatshirts from the material. But in 2019 we aim to have our entire t-shirt collection made from this recycled material.
Each t-shirt removes an average of 2 bottles of plastic that would otherwise be sitting around, decomposing slowly.
In 2017, after being educated about the importance of a plant based diet for the environment and the cruelty of which animals suffered as a form of human enslavement, we decided to make all of our clothing completely free of animal products, mirroring our dietary choices.
It's pushed us to find new and exciting alternatives to animal products that we’re excited to be working with in the near future.
Plant Based Packaging
In 2018 we decided we couldn’t take the single use plastic shipping bags any more. So we did a load of research and found a fully compostable, plant based alternative which functioned the same way as our current shipping bags.
Due to our size at the time, we couldn’t afford the capital expense as it would mean the equivalent of ordering shipping bags for 5 years!
So, we reached out to our wonderful customers and offered them the chance to crowdfund our plant based packaging and hit our target in under a week!
This now means all of our packaging is 100% compostable, decompsing in 30 days in an industrial composter and 60 days in a home compost system.
Its derived from a waste product from Sugar Cane manufacturing, so it’s the most sustainable form of packaging currently possible.
Over 1,000 Trees
On average, each tree removes a tonne of CO2 from the atmosphere during it's lifetime.
For the future
We want to continue innovating and finding more sustainable solutions, further reducing the impact from what we wear on the environment. To do this, we need to continue to grow. So our buying power and market sway makes it easier for us to do so.
You can help by supporting us and joining our journey.